Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ideas

Have you ever been tied to one set of ideas, only to have them challenged? Do you stick to the facts as you know them, or do you open yourself up to new possibilities. We may think we have the answers, but we don't. Rarely are we privy to knowledge without bias.

So what do we do? Do we shout down opposition, or do we try to find the truth, often in the center ground.
I vow never to stop learning, never to be so entrenched in my ideas that I can not learn from others, and always be willing to adapt, reevaluate and admit ignorance.

I want to always evolve and to do that I must rely on this matter of ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I often get many ideas for life in general and they keep changing so have a hard time committing. I try to be open enough to adapt but at some point decisions have to be made.

    I agree: let's keep learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree with you completely. I too want to continuously evolve and for the most part I think I do. I do think however that there have been times where arguments for and against a topic are so good that I'm on the fence. Some people can express themselves so well. But that may just be me being a little lazy sometimes and reluctant to form my own opinion. I'm adopting your vow if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.