Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gratitude

Come on, 'fess up, you all expected this one didn't you?

I have lived my life with a great deal of suffering. From a very young age I learned what grief was, and I knew hardship. Many people have asked me why I am not bitter due to all the difficulties life has thrown my way.

One word - gratitude.

Yes, life can be bitter. Life can be hard. Most of the time we have no control over the tragedies that beset us.

We do have control over one thing - our reaction.

So, even as I face another potential life-altering issue, I realize I have a lot  to be thankful for. Each day, I am blessed with the sun. Even when it hides behind clouds, it provides us with warmth and sustenance.

I am thankful that I have a family that can sometimes drive me  insane but still fills my life with love.

I am grateful for each and every day I wake up. Even if those days are hard, and filled with sadness, I am here. I am alive, and I have the opportunity to make a difference - whether in my own life or someone else's.

Yes, some days are trying. Some days are scary, but I am grateful I have those days. For even in the worst of times, I have lessons to learn.

So I raise my cup of thankfulness to a day that has brought me new challenges.

I will face it all and deal with anything as long as I remember: It is a matter of gratitude that helps me cope.

3 comments:

  1. *raises a cup as well*

    A good topic for the post. It's good to be grateful and not forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a survivor.
    This was moving.
    I needed it.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty. I am glad that in some small way I could help.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.